CLICK ON AN IMAGE BELOW TO ENTER THE GALLERY OF YOUR CHOICE
This virtual museum follows the registration of "the practice of the bagpipes of the landes of Gascony" in the inventory of the Intangible Cultural Heritage
from France in 2014.
Its objective is to contribute to the enhancement of this heritage by offering you:
- a presentation of the corpus of "historical" instruments found to date,
- information on the musicians and instruments makers of the time,
- a virtual laboratory to manipulate each part of the instruments and compare them,
- an approach to the organology of these witness instruments,
- the description of the sets and techniques used as we have been able to reconstruct them.
The information presented on this site comes from the survey conducted from 2011 to 2015
by Patrick Burbaud as part of a project initiated within the Bohaires de Gasconha association.
Almost all of the instruments known in 2016 have been studied thanks to the collaboration
private collectors and museums holding the various copies.
Only a bagpipe has not been found, but we have archives about it.
The results of the field survey were published by the Bohaires de Gasconha association
under the title "Présentation des résultats du projet Bohas anciennes" (ISBN 978-2-9554335-1-5)
This report includes detailed plans of the instruments on more than 180 color plates.